Find all one of the best Best chicken and chickpea curry recipes on the web in the one cease place that's cooking information. Whether or not you're searching for a powerful appetizer, an elaborate meal, or a fast and simple Best chicken and chickpea curry , you can find the recipes and recommendation you want. We provide you only the best Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already realize that the body needs the heart to be healthy. Of course, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Blueberries are terrific for your heart. Here’s a fact: Blueberries have lots of antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs so much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. This specific antioxidant helps your body to be a lot better at processing your fats and cholesterol. The more effortless it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less probable it is for those things to build up in your arteries and cause heart problems. This, essentially, makes your heart healthy.
There are lots of foods that you can consume that are great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods listed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly terrific, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Start consuming these foods each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. You can cook best chicken and chickpea curry using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Take 3 large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- Provide 2 tbsp thick yoghurt - we use Fage 5% greek
- Provide 2 heaped tsp cumin
- Take 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- You need 1 tsp turmeric
- Get Half tsp mild chilli powder
- Provide 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- Take 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves,finely chopped
- Provide 1 inch piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated
- Provide 2 extra tsp cumin and turmeric
- Get 8-10 new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked - we were using some leftovers!
- Prepare 400 g tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!)
- Provide 210 g tin chickpeas
- Get 150 g fresh spinach
- You need 1 tbsp tomato puree
- You need Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can - we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking.
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so.
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated.
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden - this should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time.
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.