Discover all the most effective South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils recipes on the web within the one stop place that's cooking guide. Whether you are looking for an impressive appetizer, an elaborate meal, or a quick and simple South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils , you'll find the recipes and advice you want. We provide you only the perfect South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body requires a healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should follow a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Do you know, though, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Do you remember hearing the adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are high in things that will promote a healthy heart. They are high in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t form into plaques or cause clogging. One Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL cholesterol levels fall by as much as eight percent! That’s a great number for an individual who wants a healthier heart.
There are plenty of foods that are great for your body. To be sure, the foods listed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are essentially good for the heart, though. Try to introduce these healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian style- snake gourd with lentils recipe. You can cook south indian style- snake gourd with lentils using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils:
- Use snake goard, peeled and chopped small
- Prepare chana dal, soaked for 30 minutes
- Use onion finely chopped
- Provide chopped tomato (optional)
- Take green chillies
- Prepare Curry leaves
- You need chopped ginger
- Take mustard seeds
- Take asafoetida
- Take turmeric powder
- You need Salt
- Prepare coconut oil
- You need grinding:
- Take fresh grated coconut
- Prepare cumin seeds
- Provide whole black pepper
- Prepare dry red chillies
- Take curry leaves
Instructions to make South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils:
- In a pan heat up 2 tbsp coconut oil, add mustard seeds when it splutter add asafoetida, chopped ginger, onion, green and curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Fry just for a few minutes, soaked and drained chana dal. Cover and simmer.
- When dal is half cooked add turmeric powder and chopped snake gourds along with the salt. Cook on medium heat with the lid on.
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding into a fine paste.
- When snake gourd is cooked add the coconut-spice paste, mix well.
- Cook for another few minutes. Switch off the flame, drizzle remaining coconut oil on top.
- Ready to serve
If you find this South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.