Discover all the perfect Bhindi and chana dal curry recipes on the web within the one cease site that's cooking information. Whether you are searching for a powerful appetizer, an elaborate meal, or a fast and easy Bhindi and chana dal curry , you can see the recipes and recommendation you want. We provide you only the perfect Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that getting regular exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Did you already know, however, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you want to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Beans, believe it or not, are actually good for the health of your heart. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, particularly the after effects of eating beans, but they’re extremely healthy food items. This doesn’t mean that simply eating beans will counteract the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What we are saying is that substituting in pinto beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger rather than a beef hamburger is a great idea. Luckily, beans are super tasty and you never know…you might not even miss consuming the real beef or chicken.
There are lots of foods that you can eat that are beneficial for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve discussed here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are particularly great, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Introduce these foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bhindi and chana dal curry recipe. You can cook bhindi and chana dal curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bhindi and chana dal curry:
- Provide 1/2 kg lady finger (bhindi)
- Provide 100 gm split chickpea lentils/split bengal gram/chana dal
- Prepare 1 onion sliced (big)
- Prepare 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Take 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1 tsp coriander powder
- You need 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- You need 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Take 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- You need 1 tomato (small)
- Get 4 tbsp mustard oil
Instructions to make Bhindi and chana dal curry:
- In a pan roast 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp black pepper on low flame. Roast till u get a nice aroma. Cool and grind to a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
- Wash and soak chana dal for 1 hr. Wash and clean lady finger. Cut the tail and the crown part and slit from both ends. We do not cut the bhindi. In a kadhai heat 1 tbsp oil and saute bhindi for 5 mins on high flame.
- In a pressure cooker heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the sliced onions till golden then add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Add a little water and cook the masala on medium flame till oil separates.
- Then add the soaked chana dal and mix well and cook for 2 -3 mins on medium flame stirring occasionally. Then add the fried bhindi and sliced tomatoes, mix well. Add 1.5 cups water and cover lid. Cook for 1 whistle on high and 1 on low flame.
- When the pressure is released on it's own, then open lid and sprinkle some roasted cumin and pepper powder and serve hot with rice or roti.
If you find this Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.