So that you is perhaps making ready Vegetarian Curry Pies recipes for your family but this tips may be helpful.
Never cook these things in an Air Fryer
In the last few years, Air Fryers have develop into highly regarded in addition to a vital kitchen equipment. Basically an amped-up countertop convection oven, it is quite regularly advisable by cooking experts to organize frozen meals, bake cookies, and even fry bacon, rooster and different meats. Air frying is healthier than frying in oil. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has quite a bit much less fat. This cooking method may also cut down on a number of the different harmful results of oil frying.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware that you have to have a strong and healthy heart. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Did you already know, however, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Today, you will find out which foods are good for your heart.
Do you remember being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples contain many terrific stuff in them to help keep your heart in good condition. Apples are known to be rich in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t amass or cause blockages. Consuming just a single Red Delicious apple daily can lead to as much as an eight percent decrease in your LDL levels. This is a great number for someone who wishes his or her heart to be healthier.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve discussed here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly good, however, for improving your heart health. Try to begin eating these health food on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian curry pies recipe. You can cook vegetarian curry pies using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- Get For the shortcrust pastry
- Get 367 g plain flour
- Take Large pinch fine salt
- Provide 1 large egg
- Take 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Use 4 TBSP very cold water
- Use 180 g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Get For the filling
- Get 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Use 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Take 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Take 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Provide 3 bird’s eye chillis, de seeded and diced
- Take 1/2 tbsp tumeric
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Use 400 g sweet potato, cut into equal chunks
- Get 150 g red split lentils
- Use 1/2 can chickpeas drained
- Prepare 800 ml veg stock
- Take 100 g spinnach
- Provide 1/2-1 can full fat coconut milk
- You need 80 g sultanas
Steps to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- First, make the filling. Heat the oil in a wide-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, then add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the sweet potato and sultanas, stirring well to coat in the spices. Yup in the lentils and most of the stock. You may not need all the stock so add a few ladles to start and see how well things get absorbed. Bring the liquid to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook gently for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk (again, a ladle at a time so it doesn’t become too liquidy. Add the chickpeas and spinach and gently stir in.
- Set this aside while you make the pastry. Have ready 4 individual non-stick pie dishes. Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg with the lemon juice and water in a jug and set aside.
- Add the butter and toss the cubes in the flour to coat. Rub the butter into the flour, using your fingertips. Lift your hands above the bowl, rubbing the fat and flour together then letting the mixture fall back into the bowl. Keep going until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in the egg mix. Incorporate the liquid into the flour/fat using a claw-like action with one had. Avoid overworking the dough. If too dry, a splash more water.
- When the dough just sticks together in clumps, form it into a ball. Knead it very lightly on a floured surface to bring it together into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out two thirds of the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out circles and press into the pie dishes to line completely. Take the remaining third of the pastry to roll out and cut out the lids. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C fan.
- To assemble the pies: spoon the curry filling into the pastry cases until level. Brush the edges of the pastry with water, place the pastry lid on top and press down. Using your thumbs and fingertips, seal the pastry together. Brush with beaten egg, make two slits in the lid to allow steam to escape and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
If you find this Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.